Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Blogging

Do you ever read and respond to comments on your blog?

One thing I have been getting a little miffed about over the past few months is people not responding to comments I, or anyone else, have made on their blogs. If I've commented several days after the blog was written, or the blog is someone letting of steam or using it as a way to get their feelings out in the open instead of writing a diary that's fair enough.

If a blog, like mine, is open to comments and is partly, if not wholly, there to prmote you as an author, artist or whatever you are doing, shouldn't you take it seriouslly enough to respond?

I have only recently started to respond to every comment made as it dawned on me that I was getting annoyed at people, even though I never responded myself. A mite hypocrtical I thought.

Now I respond to every comment and make an effort to not be miffed or annoyed when others don't repond to mine...though with my ego that is difficult.

Come on, you know you want to tell me what's on your mind.

5 comments:

KLo said...

I've had the same recent realization ;-) (yes, I responded to the comment you just left lol)

I read every comment people leave on my blog--I LOVE COMMENTS--but don't always respond because it takes time. Lazy and sloppy, I know.

It's funny, but I'm also not always great about leaving comments ;-)

Martin Willoughby said...

KLo: I was thinking more of the 'professionals' who have blogs and not many comments that don't follow up. Yours is a personal blog and a great read (expecially the memes) so I don't expect any follow up. But pros? Come on guys.

Milo James Fowler said...

I make a point of not only replying to every comment on my blog but also going to each commenter's blog and leaving a pithy remark. I follow more blogs than I can regularly comment on, but if anybody leaves me a comment, they're sure as heck going to receive one in return. It's only courteous!

Victoria Snelling said...

I have the intention of responding to comments, but sometimes I'm away or busy.

Sometimes I would like a response to my comment, but I read loads of blogs and often forget to go back and check!

Martin Willoughby said...

Milo: I'd noticed, and you're right, it is courteous.

Vic: Yours is more of a personal blog rather than the blog of a professional writer and you post occasionally.