Wednesday, June 08, 2011

A Meme, Where I Admit To Being...Me

A meme from KLo...but with my answers

......................................

TRUE OR FALSE

Q: Kissed someone on your friends list?
Facebook...yes. Blogger...yes. As I am a gentleman I will not name them.

Q: Been arrested?
No, but I was nearly shot as a terrorist. I used to make model guns as a teenager and one night I was fixing one of them and a lady saw me, assumed I was an IRA terrorist (I lived in an Irish neighbourhood), called the police who surrounded my house. They were just about to evacuate the surrounding area when my father came back from football, asked what was going on and told them about my models. I was given a right telling off.

Q: Held a snake?
No.

Q: Been suspended from school?
No...but I wish I had been, I hated it.

Q: Sang karaoke?
No. At least not yet.

Q: Done something you told yourself you wouldn't do?
Oh yes...and still regret them to this day.

Q: Laughed until you started crying?
No, just till my stomach ached and done it plenty of times.

Q: Caught a snowflake on your tongue?

Yes.

Q: Kissed in the rain?
Nope. I hate getting wet, no matter what.

Q: Sang in the shower?
In the shower, in the bath, in the car, walking down the street, on stage, whilst cooking, whilst reading, whilst watchng tv or playing a pc game. Occasionally I'm in tune.

Q: Sat on a roof top?
No. I'm scared of heights. I get a nosebleed standing on tiptoes.

Q: Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on?
I fell into a pool fully clothed when I was four. My only memory of it is lying on my back under the water seeing bubbles come out of my mouth. Have hated swimming ever since.

Q: Broken a bone?
Broken a wrist and torn a muscle in my leg. I thought sports were meant to be good for you.

Q: Shaved your head?
I haven't, but my ex-wife did it to me once...by accident, or so she said.

Q: Played a prank on someone?
Not yet...but now you come to mention it sounds like fun.

Q: Shot a gun?
Yes. Air rifles and shotguns at targets and clay pigeosn, lee enfield army rifle with blanks on manouevres with the school cadet force.

Q: Donated Blood?
No. I don't trust doctors, nurses or dentists with anything sharp.

LAST PERSON...

1. You hung out with?
My kids. We watched a DVD and had beer and popcorn

2. You texted?
My friend Joy to congratulate her on having a letter published.

3. You were in a car with?
Joy. I took her to the dump. Well we went to the dump to get rid of an old microwave.

4. Went to the movies with?

Probably the kids, but it was so long ago.

5. Person you went to shop with?

I don't go shopping, I hunt. Get in, grab what I want, pay and get out...unless I'm in an electrical or computer store.

6. You talked on the phone?
My friend Sian.

7. Made you laugh?
My son Ieuan as he recalled his various reactions to my vasectomy as he got older. at 10 it was OUCH, at 12 it was oooh, at 14 it was, Ha ha you shoot blanks.

8. You hugged?
Mum

IN THE LAST 48 HOURS HAVE YOU...

1. Sung?
D'uh

2. Listened to music?
Oh yeh.

3. Danced Crazy?
I'm a dad. Every dance is crazy

4. Cried?
No.

FIRSTS .....

1.Who was your first prom (or homecoming) date?
Never had one.

2. Who was your first roommate?
My brothers...sadly

3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk the first time?
Dry Martini and Lemonade

4. What was your first job?
Working for barclays bank, which I stuck at for 3 years, 1 month and 18 days...not that I was counting.

5. What was your first car?
Mini 1000, registration GLR 118T, mid blue with an annoying habit of shaking when I went over 50mph.

6. When did you go to your first funeral and viewing?
First funeral was my step-grandfather in the mid 80s, the first dead body I saw was my father in 2006. As I looked down at him in the coffin, my first thought was, 'he looks cramped in there'.

7. Who was your first grade teacher?
No idea, nor do I want to remember.

8. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane?

Corfu, an island off the west coast of Greece.

9. When you snuck out of your house for the first time?
Never have.

10. Who was your first best friend?
Martin Abel, and thanks to the wonders of Facebook, I'm in touch with him again.

11. Who was your first Best Friend in high school?
Never had one. Hated the place, hated the teachers and got bullied by most people. The friends I had never stood by me when I was bullied. Was glad when I finally left.

12. Where was your first sleepover?
Can't recall one, though I was farmed out to my aunt and five female cousins when I was a baby. The attention I got was amazing, though I can't recall any of it.

13. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?
No one. I find it hard to open up as people rarely keep quiet whilst I try and talk.

14. Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a Bridesmaid or groomsman?
My ex-girlfriend Wenda's. I went down to help set up and one of the grooms didn't turn up. As I was his size, I was given the task of stepping in for him. I still have the photo taken of me in my grey suit. It was also the first, and only, wedding I've been to where the groom was responsible for delaying the start because the video camera wasn't set up properly.

15. What is the first thing you did when you got up this morning?
Yawned and wondered why the morning started so early.

16. First time you tied your shoe laces?
I'm too old to remember that.

17. Are you Facebook friends with your first crush?

No, though it's not lack of trying to find her.

18. Who was the first person you met from the blogosphere?
Not actually met anyone from my blog followers list yet: at least no one that I didn't know before.

19. What was the first music album that you bought?
Wired For Sound by Cliff Richard

20. Who was your first celebrity crush?

Felicity Kendal.

....................

Now it's your turn.

No comments: