Monday, April 25, 2011

Reach Out

An author is one who writes in a specific field or genre, whilst a writer can turn their hand to anything.

What do you know? You may write SFF, Horror, Crime, Romance YA, but I will bet that you know a lot about another subject. I write SF Comedy, but I also know about Computers as it is my day job. I have run training courses on various subjects, one of which was titled, 'Does Your Business NEED a Website?'

I have decided to turn this into an eBook to be published on Kindle. Why? I want to earn my living as a writer/author, and if the fiction isn't going down too well (2 sales and counting) I shall diversify. This will be my first non-fiction book, but I doubt it will be the last.

I'll let you know when it's done.

What could you write about and publish on Kindle?

3 comments:

Tess said...

I like this idea very much, Martin. Non fiction work can help pay the bills while we keep on that fiction journey. I have some mag article work from time to time when I needed a little extra cash and that has been nice. It is using our talents wisely to diversify, I think.

[Naebsy] said...

I like that you are thinking forward and not sitting and waiting. Good luck.

Martin Willoughby said...

Tess: One writer said that he always knew he would be a writer and that he had the talent. All he had to do was work how to eat at the same time.

Naebsy: It's always best to learn from the past and then look forward. A lesson it's taken me nearly fifty years to learn.