Friday, March 25, 2011

Kindle Publishing - The Result

It's done. The book is now available for download and is selling like hot cakes. Well, maybe not hot cakes, but someone has bought a copy.

You can find it at Amazon.com and, for the rest of the world, Amazon.co.uk.

You can also read kindle books on your PC/Mac/iphone/ipad/Android with the right software, also available free from Amazon. I downloaded the PC software and then made a grab for as many free kindle books as I could. They're mostly old books from Ancient times up to Charles Dickens, Herman Melville and Oscar Wilde's era, but you do get some odd ones in there from writers I'd never heard of...and whose names I can no longer remember.

After publication on Amazon, I received three emails to help me further, including advice on setting up an 'author page' where I gave some brief biographical details, links to this blog and other things too.

There are also links to pages that show how to make changes to the listing (just as well really) and also some advice on marketing. I'll check these out over the coming days and write about them here.

With that, I wish you a great weekend full of happiness. And if you happen to find yourself on Amazon, I know a great little book of short stories you can buy to read on your Kindle, computer or phone.

5 comments:

[Naebsy] said...

Good job Martin :)

Tana Adams said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the ride!

Cindy R. Wilson said...

Wow, I'm glad this has been a good experience for you and it's nice to read about someone's experience. Have a great weekend!

Timekeeper said...

Good advice. Good looking guitar. I found an old Bay State and after twenty years void of playing it brought me back to music. Visit my blog and see an old fool picking and singing.
http://www.atkinsontimekeeper.com/
Blessings,

Victoria Snelling said...

Hi Martin. Really enjoyed your posts on Kindle publishing. I will be watching with interest for updates! And referring back if I decide to do the same.

Have you looked at Amanda Hocking's blog? Her posts on her experiences are illuminating.