Friday, March 04, 2011

Friday Rules

I recently bought a book from a second hand store called ' i before e except after c', which has the subtitle, 'old-school ways to remember stuff'. So I thought I'd share some to do with English.

-----------------------------------

What's a Conjunction?

FAN BOYS is the answer: For And Nor But Or Yet So

I like that one and it may help teenagers too.

Licence or License?

Easy to learn to rhyme for this one:

S is the verb and C is the noun,
That's the rule that runs the town.

'A doctor practises medicine at his practice.'

-----------------------------------

I'll do some more of these over the coming weeks.

2 comments:

Tana Adams said...

Thank you! Those are great tips!!

Victoria Snelling said...

That's cool. I like the license/licence one - I always struggle with that one. Found myself wanting to 'like' this. I guess I am fully brainwashed by FB!