Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Reflections: Keeping Focus

As in life, writers must keep their focus on what needs to be done and ignore the siren calls from the things that want to be done.

As I head toward the end of the year I am thinking about what I want to do next year.  Is there anything in my life that doesn't need to be there?  Over the last two years I haven't had much time to attend my writer's group due to being on stage so much.  Sad to say I haven't missed it that much either.  I'll have to give it some more thought over the holiday period and see what I think in the new year.

This may appear to be a backward step in terms of writing, we all need to have someone knowledgeable to cast an eye over our writing.  But what if you're not getting that eye?

I haven't submitted anything to the group for a while due to the plays, nor have I written much.  I have to be honest and say that part of the reason for me not writing is the less than stable year I've had.  Will it be better next year?  I don't know, which is why I hesitate to step away from the group.  I do know that I will not be stepping away from acting and if it comes to a straight choice, then the group will go.

No comments: