Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Yeeuck.

I've been feeling a little ill the past few days.  A heavy cold, depression etc.  The fact that it has been grey outside and wet hasn't helped my mood much either.  Still, it has got to the dry stage now so I need fewer tissues.

The illness didn't help me much on Monday as I had to go through a new scene for the play.  I was meant to know the words but it was too much effort.  I found out that I wasn't alone and only two people knew their words.  One had two words and one had four.

The worst part was getting hit on the head three times in succession and having to collapse to the floor.  It made me dizzy and the room started spinning (not a good sign).  Thankfully we only did the scene twice.

Tomorrow we run through the whole of Act 1, no books and all the props we can find.  It means I can leave the word learning till the weekend.

I also have a new book to review: The Terror and the Tortoiseshell by John Travis, courtesy of those LOVELY people at Hub Magazine.  I'll let you know when it gets published.

2 comments:

Justus M. Bowman said...

The sickness has struck around here as well. Fortunately I haven't been targeted thus far.

T. Anne said...

Hope you feel better! Don't let them hit you on the head!