Friday, November 05, 2010

And Now, The End Is Near...Of The Week That Is.

As the weekend is here, it's time to ask a pertinent question or two.

Do you take the weekend off from writing, or any time off?  If not, why not?

During WW2, the British government instituted a seven day working week in order to produce more war materials, believing that it would increase production.  It had the opposite effect and reduced it, so the policy was soon abandoned.

If we don't take time out from writing, or anything for that matter, our production will suffer.  Either our writing will get worse, or our lives will.

It's the weekend: Chill.

4 comments:

Cindy R. Wilson said...

I plan on getting writing done this weekend--but that's only because I spent the whole week cleaning the house and reading so I got behind on writing. Reading is relaxing for me, so I already got some time off :D

KLo said...

For a long time, weekends were my only writing time. I was in teacher mode Monday through Friday, then I turned into Salinger on Saturday and Sunday.

Now, with the chaos my life is currently in, I don't have the time for writing that I did. I can't even devote weekends to it since I'm usually caught up doing (or trying to do lol) a hundred other things.

You've got me thinking, though ... maybe I should literally schedule writing time during the week and actually make a concerted effort to relax on weekends.

I'd probably get more writing done, plus it would be kind of neat to be able to relax once in awhile ;-)

T. Anne said...

Yes! yay to the weekend! I'm hoping to take my word count to new exciting places. =)

Martin Willoughby said...

Cindy, whatever relaxes you is good.

KLo, Make the effort. Your body and mind will thank you...as will your characters.

TA, NANOWRIMO by any chance?