Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Sorting Hat...

...is desperately needed.

I have the rooms in the flat just about organised and know where things will go.  All I have to do now is put the stuff away.

My two youngest went back to their mum's place today, neither of whom were looking forward to it.  They have both enjoyed staying here and I've enjoyed having them here.  Still, they'll be back for the weekend after next.

It does mean that I can get things into their proper place and sort out the storeroom, but...a house is not a home without people and I miss them.

.............................

Now that I have things semi-organised In can get back to my writing.  I'll post a picture of the 'office space' when I've finished tidying things up.

The novel has been in abeyance for some time so that will need some extra work.  Having had the break does mean that I can look at it with fresh eyes and see what I've missed out and what needs to be changed.  I also know that I won't have to move again for the foreseeable future and can concentrate without looking over my shoulder, wondering how long I'll be here.

The play rehearsals are moving along nicely.  On Monday we had no director and got a lot of work done on Act 1, which I am sure is nothing more than a coincidence.  Little John turned up as did Marguerite and we have a definite for the male babe.  By chance, he also attends the same college as my son, doing a drama course that a friend's daughter is doing.

Some times you realise how small the world is and how much we are connected.

Another directorless rehearsal on Thursday and then he's back from Bath next week, by which time we will ALL be word perfect for Act 1...maybe.

3 comments:

Toyin O. said...

We do live in a small world; sounds like you have a great life.

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com/

T. Anne said...

I think it's great to have your play to keep you busy.

Martin Willoughby said...

The play helps a lot, but so does a 16 year old Asperger's child. The play is more of a respite.