Monday, July 12, 2010

What Did You Learn This Weekend?

Over the weekend I learnt (or relearnt) several things.

1 - Kangaroo farts don't contain methane.

2 - When the aircraft were banned from the sky after 9/11 ground temperatures in the US increased by 2 degrees.

3 - Good friends are still glad to see you or hear from you, even if you haven't spoken for over a decade.

4 - Expensive solutions are always preferred to cheap ones, even if the cheap ones work just as well...or better.

5 - I like odd things.

6 - I like listing things in numbered order.

7 - Even the best actors can be in terrible films/programs and not perform well.

8 - I can still beat my kids at chess.

9 - If you don't start things, you'll never finish them.

10 - Making lists is an easy way to write a blog.

Now it's your turn.


.

5 comments:

Tess said...

hahaha ... what was your weekend comprised of to have learned these things? I'm so intrigued!

And, hmmm... what did I learn?

night driving with a 15 y/o (she got her permit) is terrifying.

Martin Willoughby said...

It was a normal weekend...for me at least.

Thankfully my kids haven't got to that age yet.

Cindy R. Wilson said...

Lol. Sounds like an interesting weekend.

I learned I can live without my computer for four days and still survive. I also learned that it's no fun to camp in 40 degree weather. Oh, and I'm TERRIBLE at horseshoes!

T. Anne said...

Interesting! Esp. the ground temp in the US post 9/11. I need to look up odd facts on the net and work them into my WIP.

Martin Willoughby said...

Cindy, how did you find out you're terrible at horseshoes? You gotta fill us in on that one.

Tess, You can find odd facts anywhere. I got that one from SuperFreakonomics.