Monday, June 28, 2010

Updating the Past

Some songs and Rhymes date as our life and culture moves on.  How would they sound if they were written today?

Hole in my bucket

There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza,
There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, a hole.
Then go to the DIY store and buy a new one.

Humpty Dumpty

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Had scrambled egg for breakfast again.

We'll Meet Again

We'll meet again,
on facebook and twitter

Feel free to add your own...and if you're really lucky, I may record these ditties for you.

3 comments:

Cindy R. Wilson said...

Lol. My daughter always sings the hole in the bucket song. She knows the WHOLE thing, too, which is very long.

Martin Willoughby said...

No doubt she sings time after time after time.

Shigune Matsui said...

The Humpty Dumpty one is one I have come to like for years now. I mean, I LOVE it. It seems funny, but again what happens in the end is kind of dark.

Reminds me of the rumor of the Ring around The Rosies about the Black Plague....