Friday, March 05, 2010

After Life

When you die, what do you want to do?

If you have no belief in the afterlife, then this question isn't for you. If you have any belief in life after death, of whatever sort, what would be the first thing you want to do?

I'd want to visit the middle star of Orion's belt. I would stand on any planets that orbit it and watch a sunrise and maybe hang about in space for a while and take in the magnitude of the universe.

Why?

Many years ago I thought about the resurrection and what life would be like as a spiritual being. One thing followed another and I started to wonder what would be the first things Christ would say to me. One of the questions that came up was, 'where would you like to go first?' I didn't have an instant answer, so I pondered it for a while. Then, one night when I was looking into the sky, I thought about visiting the stars. That was when I had the idea and I've never forgotten it.

What would be the first thing you want to do in the hereafter?

1 comment:

DRC said...

If you can go up, I can go down. I'd explore and see what lives in some of the deepest abysses of our seas. I'm going to start my explorations at home, ie, earth.