Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Little by Little

Life is hard, yard by yard.
Inch by inch, it's a cinch.

A twee little piece of verse, but accurate. I've found over the years that if I try to do everything at once I get frustrated. If I attempt jobs one piece at a time, then I get more done.

It works with decorating, writing, everything.

At the moment I'm getting my foot in the publishing door by writing reviews and short stories. I'm not ignoring the novel, but I find that whenever I get back to it, I have more insight than before.

In the last few months I've had four reviews published and one short story. My name's out there. When I do finally get my novel finished, I will have a decent publishing record which I will have built up little by little.

2 comments:

KLo said...

You're doing exactly what you should be doing : )

KLo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.