Tuesday, October 20, 2009

WAW

What a week!

7 days of exploding PCs, broken networks and PC teaching, as well as settling my eldest into life with me. Add to that a couple of play rehearsals and that I have been 'picked up' by a woman.

We finally managed to get all my son's stuff from his mother's place and spent three days sorting out what should go in the garage and what needs to stay inside. All we need to do now is get his bed out of there.

One PC job took three visits, two HDD enclosures and several sets of wires before it finally worked, whilst another was a simple install job for Windows XP. Don't get me started on the network problems and broadband catastrophes.

I've had to put some time aside to view my latest published works. Two reviews in issue 99 of hub magazine. The story will be out in the next month or so (watch this space).

I've also started dating again with a great, wonderful, beautiful woman. We've told our respective families (10 kids, 2 parents, assorted siblings, ex-in-laws, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and assorted pets) and are working our way round friends. We should finish just before the London Olympics start in 2012.

Well, that brings you up to date on my life. But what about the writing I hear you say. I'm linking up with Community Times Stevenage to run a small writing competition in their magazine. The rules will be published soon. I've also been working on characters in the novel, looking at short stories that I could resend to magazines, as well as plotting one or two more. Mostly I'm writing reviews on SF books and films.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get back to a daily blog now that things have settled down.

3 comments:

Boudica said...

Sounds like it's been a good week...

What's Community Times Stevenage?

Martin Willoughby said...

CT Stevenage is a local magazine, produced every two months. You can find it on the internet as well.

Journalizer said...

Wow, Martin.
Your life is so busy and productive. Hats off to you and all your accomplishments-- like publishing accomplishments!
Bravo