Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Making the Break

My eldest son moved out of his mother's place and in with me today.

Not the easiest decision for a 15 year-old-Asperger's-suffering boy to make, but he felt he had no choice.

The area where my ex lives is not one of the most salubrious in Stevenage and the atmosphere in the house is stifling for him. Add to this she expects him to be a surrogate father to his two younger brothers while she goes away for the weekend with her boyfriend and he'd had enough.

I hope he's made the correct decision, and that I have too.

Prayers and Good Wishes will be welcome.

5 comments:

Boudica said...

My thoughts are with you. I'm sure it will make a world of difference. xx

Meg said...

Lots of well wishes!!!

DRC said...

And my wishes are with you too. I'm sure it will work out well for both of you...xxx

Martin Willoughby said...

Thanks all. He's a lot happier, but still feels a twang of guilt for leaving his brothers behind.

KLo said...

You've got my thoughts, prayers, and respect. You're fabulous, Martin :)