Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lines, Lines, Lines

Thankfully I wasn't the only person to forget his lines last night, but it has reminded me of one thing: each person in a play is dependent on everyone else. If we get our lines wrong, the other person misses their cue.

We did last night's Act 1 run through without our scripts. It wasn't a disaster as most of the lines were remembered, but when it went wrong, it went hideously wrong. Even the director was laughing at some moments.

It is difficult to keep a straight face, when the woman you're meant to be bawling at, forgets her lines and then laughs. Try it.

The bright spots were the boys, who got their lines correct, as well as their actions...all seven lines.

Still, I have the next three rehearsals off as I'm not needed, so I'll have plenty of time to get my part right.

On an even more positive note, I will have another short story and another book review published soon. The short story will be out in December, whilst the review should be out by the middle of October.

Now to try and get some sleep.

No comments: