Monday, August 10, 2009

Displacement

Ever had one of those days, or weeks, months when there are just TOO many things to distract you from writing? Welcome to my current existence.

"I know, I'll put my clothes away."
"I just have to do the washing today."
"Just one more cup of tea."
"One more chapter and then I'll get started."
"Ooooh, what's that story on the BBC news about?"
"I hate this TV program...what is she doing?"
"Grey T-shirt or green?"
"That looks fun."
"Yes you can have a piece of apple pie."
"I really need to organise my paperclips by size."
"I wonder what's changed on Facebook?"
"I need a bit of fresh air to get me in the mood."

In short, there is more displacement in my life than a harbour full of Battleships. Still, there's always tomorrow....aaarrrrggggghhhhhhhh, there I go again.

2 comments:

Tess said...

I'm currently reading two really great books and so the "just one more chapter" line suits me perfectly.

Martin Willoughby said...

I like to read, but I do use it as an excuse for not writing.