Monday, June 08, 2009

Writers Group

How important is it to be a member of a writer's group?

Personally, I think it is vital for any aspiring writer. As a member of a group, you get support and feedback from people who share the same passion for writing...or at the very least a mild interest.

A good group will share helpful information, successes and provide honest feedback on any story or novel you are writing. It will also be a social club of (mostly) like-minded people.

A writing group need not be a physical entity as you can form one via Yahoo groups or any one of the other online groups and meet in cyberspace. With the advent of Skype and IM software you could hold meetings at any time, day or night.

If you're not a member of a writing group, you're missing out. Join one today...or at least put it on your to-do list.

3 comments:

Cybercheckout.co.uk said...

Joining was the best thing I've ever done where my writing is concerned, and I agree totally. Join one today!

See you tonight x

Justus M. Bowman said...

Hmm, I have a few online friends that I converse with, but I don't attend meetings.

Cindy said...

I definitely agree with this. I've been part of my critique group (we formed on-line) for less than a month and already their advice and feedback has proved invaluable.