Monday, May 18, 2009

Quiet

After the weekend's exertions, I've decided to give myself a day off.

Being self-employed has its advantages, hence the day off. That I have come down with a cold is another reason to give myself a break.

How often do we take a break from writing?

We know that we need a break from work and we take holidays (vacations) and long weekends to accomplish this, but we also need to take a break from writing now and then.

If we spend every spare moment writing, we can lose a sense of perspective and by placing ourselves 'in the zone' too often can leave ourselves too close to our writing to be objective.

So take a break, a day off and give your creativity time to recover. You deserve it.

4 comments:

Litgirl01 said...

Days off are good!!! Hope you have a good one! I wish I still lived in England...I can think of loads of things I would do on a day off. :-)

Martin Willoughby said...

Where would you go?

Lady Glamis said...

Such good advice! I do need time off once in awhile, for sure.

Cindy said...

I like that advice, especially the part about perspective. And it helps to feel renewed mentally and physically when we start in writing again.