Friday, May 01, 2009

Coming Up 8s

Thanks to KLo for this idea.

8 things...

...I Look Forward To

1 - a hug from my kids
2 - roast dinner at mum's
3 - having a story published
4 - someone giving me a compliment
5 - performing on stage
6 - peace and quiet at night
7 - listening to music
8 - finding a partner to share my life with

...I Did Yesterday

1 - wrote more of my novel
2 - went to rehearsals for the play I'm appearing in
3 - finished 'Equal Rites' by Terry Pratchett
4 - finished issue 1 of 'First Edition'.
5 - hugged two of the boys (the 15 year old avoids them)
6 - bought myself a book
7 - watched a program about the weather on the BBC iplayer with the two eldest as part of their home-ed
8 - drank too much tea for my own good

...I Wish I Could Do

1 - make my fingers grow an inch longer so I can play B & F chords on the guitar
2 - sleep properly
3 - be firmer with myself
4 - enjoy nature
5 - keep to an exercise regime
6 - fly
7 - stand on the surface of the moon and watch an earthrise
8 - invent a new word that people can find useful

...Shows I Watch (on DVD...I don't have 'telly')

1 - Star Trek
2 - Babylon 5
3 - Red Dwarf
4 - Dr Who
5 - You've Been Framed
6 - Allo Allo
7 - Walking With...(dinosaurs, beast, monsters)
8 - Planet Earth

Have a great weekend.

7 comments:

Justus M. Bowman said...

Even an ounce of tea is too much for my own good. Most of the stuff makes me gag.

Martin Willoughby said...

I have the same problem with coffee.

KLo said...

This is great : )

I envy your ability to play on stage--I love music, but I have quite limited ability in terms of creating my own.

Glad you had fun with this. Have a wonderful weekend : ) !!!!!!!

Lady Glamis said...

What a great way to get to know you! My husband is an actor. Which play are you appearing in?

I visited you Starfish business page. It looks very nice. If I can't manage to get a decent site together for my family's sword rental company, I may come to your business!

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Yours is lovely and I'll definitely be back. :)

Martin Willoughby said...

KLo - My guitar work is limited, but I've learned to play within that. Focus on what you CAN do.

LG - The play is called Soapsud Island and I've only just joined the drama group that's putting it on. I've got just over a week left to learn the lines and get the feel for the part...Eeeek!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Followed you here from KLo's.

As to your first #4...nice blog here. :)

Martin Willoughby said...

Angie,

Thankyou for taking the time to come and visit.