Monday, April 06, 2009

Writing With the Kids At Home (WWTKAH) - Day 1

It's mid afternoon and I've managed to finish off a short story, read two chapters of a novel for critiquing at the writer's group tonight and read some more of 'Absolution Gap' by Alastair Reynolds.

So far, I am being left alone whilst the kids settle into the Easter Holiday.

'Distraction' activities include transferring several pieces of music to mp3 so I can play them on the PC whilst I work; doing some washing and drying it; taking the boys out for lunch; reading news.bbc.co.uk to 'keep up with events'.

BUT...I haven't been disturbed.

One weekday down, nine to go.

2 comments:

Justus M. Bowman said...

"Taking the boys out for lunch" is a valid reason to get distracted. I'm sure they would. Ha ha.

Cindy said...

Oh boy...sounds like a lot of work!