Friday, April 17, 2009

Writing With the Kids At Home - Day 12

The last fortnight has been an interesting self-observation. What have I learned?

I dither, procrastinate and put things off. Not just writing, everything.

I have some tax forms to fill out (not done), paperwork to file (still on the floor) as well as writing to do.

I do get things done in spurts, but taking that first step is hard, harder than it should be.

However, I have done more reading over the past fortnight than I have done in the immediate past, and have sent some writing off for publication (I hope), as well as getting some critique back on another piece.

All in all, I cannot blame the kids for a lack of output, only my fear and lack of organisation. Knowing that I will be moving house in a month's time doesn't help either.

Next week...no excuses. Except the important things that just HAVE to be done.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow, day 12? Seems like it's been longer :) Good luck on those pieces you sent off for publication.

Litgirl01 said...

Visit my blog...I nominated you for a blog award. :-)