Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Beginnings

Over the next month I am facing a lot of changes in my life, some positive, some not so. What I do know is that I will be a different person because of them.

Tonight I'm having an audition for a part in a play put on by a local theatre group. I've wanted to get back into performance arts for some time and this part has come my way. I'll see where this leads and hopefully I'll be able to use my writing experience to help the group.

Another major move is that I'm temporarily moving back in with my mother. Now that my ex-wife is getting her own house and I can not afford a house of any size locally, it means that I will be spending a lot less time with my kids.

The divorce has really hurt them, but I'm glad that I've been able to keep the 'family unit' together for this long. The kids are a lot older and wiser and more able to cope. I hate to think of the state they'd be in if I'd walked out on my ex three years ago after her affairs started.

The short and sharp of it is I can kick-start my life again and get back to what I LOVE doing: the creative arts. I've restarted writing and have made a better fist of if this time. I will also make sure that my children get to see me performing this time, instead of being kept away from it by my ex.

My past has been a 46 year long lesson in which I've learned good and bad ways of doing some things. Some of it I've applied, some of it I have yet to apply.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

It's so wonderful that you're looking at all the new changes in your life this way, and that you're heading into that new life with positive thoughts. Keep encouraged and I'll send prayers your way!

Litgirl01 said...

Sending prayers! :-)

Martin Willoughby said...

Thanks for the prayers.

Without God and God's people I wouldn't have the strength to face anything.

Martin Willoughby said...

p.s. I got the part. We go on stage in three weeks for three consecutive nights (14th, 15th & 16th may)