Monday, April 20, 2009



Litgirl01 has been kind enough to honour me with an award for...(drum rolllllllll)...'great gratitude/attitude'.

Thankyou. Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking, I would like to thank everyone for this award. It has come as real surprise, not least...(does a 'Gwyneth Paltrow' or any other Oscar recipient you care to think of)...and my pet goldfish who died when I was four, giving me the inspiration to continue my life's work.

So now it behooves me to follow the rules of nomination:
1. Post the logo on my blog (tick)
2. Nominate 10 blogs with great gratitude/attitude (half tick)
3. List and link your nominees (tick)
4. Notify them of the award (will tick later)

My list is
1. Cindy Wilson
2. Nathan Bransford
3. Bookends
4. Justus Bowman
and finally
5. Litgirl

In order to get the list up to ten I nominate you all twice. Why these blogs? All five of them have provided me with inspiration through their blogs as well as some sane advice in the world of writing/publishing.

p.s. I'm right chuffed.
p.p.s Who dreamed this idea up? It's wonderful.

--------------------------------------------------

As a struggling writer, the hardest part is getting noticed, which is why we all need a market for our stories.

First Edition is a newish short story/poetry magazine in the UK and they welcome submissions from anywhere in the world, providing that they are in English.

Submissions can even be sent via email and they will post the magazine to anywhere in the world.

It may not be for you, but check it out anyway.

4 comments:

KLo said...

Thanks for the link the magazine. This sure be a hard business to break into : )

Martin Willoughby said...

You're welcome.

Justus M. Bowman said...

Ha ha. Glad your goldfish could help.

WV: "Facerip" How lame is that?

Martin Willoughby said...

Do they make those words up or are they from some weird dictionary?