Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm Nearly Famous Now

Well, the audition went well and I got the part. We're performing in three weeks time and all I have to do is learn a page and half of dialogue for tomorrow's rehearsal and everything's fine.

One of things I am looking forward to, as a writer, is acting out other people's dialogue. By doing so I can discover what dialogue works in certain situations and improve my own dialogue when writing.

That's the theory, but it's still only a side issue compared to getting back on stage and doing one of the things I enjoy most: being the centre of attention (Did you think I had no ego! Mwar ha ha ha)

Back to the script: London accent (tick); water filled boots (tick); plenty of ham (tick). On with the show.

p.s. The play's called 'Soapsud Island'.

3 comments:

Litgirl01 said...

Congrats on getting the part! ;-) Break a leg! he he

Martin Willoughby said...

They want me to sing as well...might end up breaking glass instead.

Cindy said...

Oh, yay! Congratulations!