Friday, March 20, 2009

A New Car

I took delivery of my new (second-hand) car this morning.

The plan was to take the boys over to my mother's house, getting her car through the car wash on the way, so they could do some home-ed over there. Whilst they were doing their work, I would transfer a home video onto DVD and do some writing whilst waiting for the car to turn up.

My mother's car would be back at her house, washed and cleared out, I would get my new car and the boys could do their work without any distraction.

That was the plan.

I got to the car wash at 9am, when the garage called, and can they deliver it now. I said yes, knowing that it would take them about half an hour to get to my mother's house.

I arrived at mum's, started the video transfer, and the man knocked at the door.

As my eldest suffers from Aspergers, he couldn't be left without an adult, so he had to come. The other two wanted a ride in Daddy's new car.

Forty-five minutes later, we were back, the video had nearly finished and it was close to 11am. No one had done any work and now they were all hungry.

Still, at least I managed to get my mother's car washed, my new car delivered and the video transferred.

No comments: