Friday, February 20, 2009

Whistle While You Work

Do you listen to music when you write?

I do. What I listen to depends on my mood, what I'm writing and if I need to shut out the noise of the kids. At the moment I have Vivaldi's Bassoon Concertos playing in the background. I also use music by Enya, Mike Oldfield and the Shadows.

I find songs distracting because of the lyrics, so I only use instrumental music, though that is not a hard and fast rule.

Why music? Someone's well thought out and executed creativity helps stimulate my own.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I love to listen to music while I write. In fact, this is just something I recently started, but I try to make a playlist of a grouping of songs that all suit the kind of story I am working on. Just anything that sort of gets me in the mood or reflects the mood of the story. And then anytime I hear one of those songs, it makes me think about my book.