Friday, January 02, 2009

What a way to start the year.

Happy New Year!

Now that's out of the way, here is some good news...my back problem has abated.

Just under three years ago I suffered a major back problem combined with a trapped Sciatic Nerve. Since that time I have been on pain killers of varying strengths, and hospital treatment (including two ambulance trips in one day).

Most of the intervening time has been spent gingerly walking around in case I do some serious damage to my back.

This morning I realised that I haven't had a major back problem for a couple of months. What's changed? My bed.

Perversely, the divorce that has resulted in me sleeping in the front room has helped. I no longer sleep on the concrete mattresses that my ex seems to lust after, but on an air bed. I get support and softness. I have two blankets on top of the air bed, then me, then a duvet and no back pain first thing in the morning.

Now that's how to start a new year.

No comments: