Friday, January 16, 2009

Something for the Weekend?

What do you get up to at the weekend?

On Saturday, I take my boys into town to spend their pocket money and have a cake & drink with them. In the afternoon I visit my mother with the boys and have a roast dinner. Sunday is slob day.

Sometimes I play a PC game, read a book or magazine, play cards with the boys.

In short, I don't work.

We all need to relax, to do something different from time to time. If you doubt me, then a lesson from WWII may change your mind.

In Britain, factory workers were asked to work seven days a week in order to get war production higher. The loss of the one day off caused production to drop. Sundays were reinstated as a day off and production regained its losses.

We need time out, time away from work.

What will you do this weekend?

No comments: