Thursday, January 22, 2009

Quit?

When should you quit writing?

It depends on why you write. If you write for the money, you should quit after 10 or 15 years without getting published. If you write because you like it, you won't even consider the question.

Me, I enjoy writing. I also enjoy playing my guitar. Although I may never become a professional writer (and I certainly won't become a professional guitarist), I enjoy creating stories and other worlds.

Quitting is not an option for the person who loves what they do.

3 comments:

ORION said...

I really liked your comments on Nathan's blog...and re your blog today? I didn't quit and my first book was published when I turned 54...

Martin Willoughby said...

Well done.

Here's hoping you have a long and successful career.

missieone said...

...never surrender my friend!!