Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Reflections (2)

There's always a light at the end of a tunnel.

I spent most of my youth alone. It was safer than being humiliated for other people's pleasure. After I left school I worked for Barclays bank and, despite some occasional booze filled good times, I left three years one month and eighteen days later.

I then started work in the pub opposite. That was when I started to emerge from my tunnel. Several years later I was in the light, happier than I had ever been and getting married. I entered another tunnel.

I'm now on my way out of this tunnel and there are days when I want to lie down and quit. It soon passes and I carry on.

The past year has been one of emergence. I still have some way to go before I'm truly out of the tunnel, but the light is brighter now and getting closer. So this past year has been better than the ones that went before.

I am walking towards the light.

No comments: